Another great way to use up some CSA vegetables. I had the cabbage and green onions in my box last Friday. It’s a lot of vegetables to chop but worth it! Recipe comes from Recipezaar.
For The Dressing
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 tablespoons rice vinegar
For the Slaw
2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into matchsticks
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut into matchsticks
2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (about 1/4 head of cabbage)
5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage (about 1/2 head of cabbage)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
8 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. (The dressing can be made ahead and refrigerated for several days.)
2. Let the dressing stand 30 minutes at room temperature before tossing with the slaw.
3. In a large bowl, combine the slaw ingredients.
4. Add dressing and toss to coat.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.